The festival is organised by GIEFF e.V.
GIEFF e.V. is a non-profit association (statutes) with the aim of:
- organising the festival
- informing via Internet
- archiving and securing the material
- cooperating with anthropological film festivals in Europe
The German International Ethnographic Film Festival wants to:
- promote documentary cinema in the context of intra- and intercultural communication, with a special emphasis on new films, videos or interactive media from anthropology, sociology and cultural studies in a wide sense of the term.
- support the discussion on documentary – especially ethnographic – filmmaking
- support young filmmakers by giving a student award
- bring young filmmakers in contact with professionals
Becoming a sustaining member of GIEFF e.V. (application form)
- you are supporting the continuous work of GIEFF
- you are getting free entrance to the festival
- you can set off the fee against tax liability in Germany
You can also support the festival by giving a donation.